Drop that boring sword and toss some grenades instead! With Explosive Concoction we weaponize flasks and flask charges to create ranged projectiles that explode on impact with shotgunning damage. Very fun and unique skill, surprisingly strong as well!
Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/Velyna
Build Video: https://www.youtube.com/velyna
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/velyna
Other Builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/2688095
- Easy start, easy scaling: Once the build is rolling it feels very smooth, since it gains a lot of damage with gem levels similar to a spell.
- Affordable: We don't require any expensive uniques and the build can be pushed into late red maps with super cheap gear. There are expensive upgrades at top end for people who want that also.
- Easy Gameplay: Not a huge amount of buttons here, attack and dodge of course and Berserk for bosses. Two of our flasks we only ever press for ailment removal if desired. Vaal Grace as an oh shit button and thats all!
- Single Target: Some endgame bosses won't die quick until higher gear levels, because the shotgunning doesn't hit them as reliably or because you run out of flask charges to feed the skill. These problems go away with more gear.
- Flask Charges: If you use flasks to remove ailments it becomes hard to sustain charges for the skill. This can be mostly solved but people who spam flasks will hate it.
Surprisingly SSF friendly, other than the optimal chest being Skin of the Loyal.
Somewhat HC viable but it IS a dodge build.
This version is updated faster and has extra features. The PoB links in the guide all use this and there might be differences from the standard one.
Uninstall PoB before installing this or you might get errors.
Make sure you check the gem vendors every time new ones come up, I'm pretty sure we get new stuff every time. We will be using Ice Shot until act 3 so finding a good bow or crafting one is recommended.
We gain access to better aura's but main setup is mostly unchanged, you can do the bear quest for a rustic sash to use in vendor bow recipe (White bow+Blue/Rare Rustic Sash+Whetstone)
Start levelling Elemental Focus and Elemental Damage with Attacks supports in a weapon swap.
By the end of Act 3 we're able to swap into EC fully, I usually do this as soon as the library is open so I can buy the gems needed for later at the same time. In this case buy Inspiration and start it levelling.
Get the CWDT setup running soon as possible. Don't worry about First lab since you don't get a lot from Ascendant with only 2 points, I did first and second in Act 7. Grab the Berserker nodes first since it's just free damage and makes levelling way easier.
Once you run uber lab and respec the tree will look better, for now this is what we're working with.